Whew. Y'all. How is it almost August already?! The past month has just slipped away from me, and we've been busy, busy, busy. Mostly chasing around one incredible energetic and mobile little boy. In the past month, he has:
- taken his second (and third) transatlantic flights
- met his new girlfriends - Catherine (my college friend Christina's little lady) and Natalie (our dear friends the Lynches baby girl)
- enjoyed lots of time with his grandparents, great-grandparents, and Monty in Nashville
- went swimming for the first time!
- tried all kinds of new foods, including popsicles from Las Paletas and fresh plums and stewed squash from our favorite farmer's market back in NC
- surpassed the 20 lb. mark and basically skipped 6-9 month clothes entirely and moved right on to 12 months *cue the tears*
- technically after he turned eight months, but just started saying "dada(dadadadada)" within the past couple of days
And now, we're getting ready to welcome my BFFs Megan and Claire and their men to Europe this weekend! It's been a fun and fast summer so far, and we can't wait for adventures with all of our visitors over the next few weeks!